We had answered prayer this evening in the form of a very CLEAR ANSWER from the Cardiologist...he believes that it is premature to do the cardiac catheterization!!! Karen will update later with more specifics but as I understand it, he feels like they need to wait a couple of months to see if the aspiration was causing the pulmonary hypertension. While the risks of the cath procedure are minimal, he said that right now the benefits just simply don't outweigh the risks. This decision was confirmed by Dr. Ruiz, the "head honcho who specializes in pulmonary hypertension!" (I had to quote Karen here because her description of him cracks me up!!!)
We are so relieved that Mel and Austan didn't have to make this very tough decision themselves! We are SO thankful that we are loved by a Creator that is infinitely involved in ALL the details of our lives!!! All Praise and Glory be to God!!!
And now, it's my fervent prayer that Mel, Austan and Witt will get some much needed rest tonight!!!
Godspeed, sweet Luphers!