Friday, March 6, 2009

UPDATE, FRIDAY, MARCH 6th

We don't really have anything new to update but we definitely want to keep in touch with YOU!
Please join us in praying that the feeding tube will make a difference in Witt's condition. We are so hopeful that this is the reason for, or, at least, a HUGE part of, the hypertension and wet lungs. While we are all saddened by the prospect of Witt being on a feeding tube for an extended time, this seems to be a relatively "easy fix." (I want to remind you here to continue to lift Mel and Austan up...this "easy fix" means that they may never give Witt another bottle.)
I was finally able to go down to the hospital and just "hang out" with Mel and Witt today. It was so fun to just laugh with Mel! She's the same "Melski" through all of this...a perfect combination of feisty and tender...and, a "mama bear" that is going to bat for her son at every turn!!! Witt is just a darling and looks fantastic...there is NO doubt that he simply ADORES his mommy!!!
As I've said many times before, I not only love my Luphers, I'm inspired by them!!!
~"Fantastic Aunt" Cheryl
(because I'm not old enough to be a "Great Aunt!")

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of your family today and I prayed for you this morning. Witt is such a special little boy - I've been following your story since he was born and I was so broken when he was born but he is defying odds and I can't imagine how tired you must be but I pray that God sustains you and gives you strength day after day. You are an amazing family!