Thursday, November 13, 2008

LETTER FROM MOM

Dear friends and family,
My heart will never be able to express how grateful I am to have been surrounded by your prayers, love, and food. When I first found out that there was a chance this baby could have some problems I wrote in an email that I could endure this pain for kingdom purposes. Although, when Witt was first born and we thought his days were few I was not sure how life could go on. Shame on me for doubting Gods plans. Through all the tears that have been shed over this little one I am still reminded that the pain I felt was nothing compared to what God experienced while watching his Son give his life for us. I praise Him that He did not see fit to take Witt from us at this time. My God is a God of miracles and I feel so blessed to have experienced a miracle in the form of this little boy. What I have learned and continue to learn is the importance of prayer and that the gift of life is not something that should be taken lightly. I encourage everyone to take time to truly cherish the moments you have with your loved ones. Please continue to pray, as any new mom does, I am sure I will feel very nervous for a while. I am not sure the plans God has for this family or what trials we will face but I know that God is faithful and will continue to hold Witt in His hands. Right now I am loving being a mom and am head over heals for this sweet boy. God turned my weeping into dancing. My tears are now tears of joy for the life of my son. Thank you again for all sharing in the life of Witt. All your comments and prayers truly touch my heart.
Faithfully
His Servant,
Melanie

10 comments:

Raley Family Blog said...

Mel, Thank you for sharing Witt with us. Thanks for being so open and honest in your walk. God is a God of miracles and He has used you, Austan and Witt to remind so many people of that. Love and can't wait to see you guys.
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Wow...

Annette said...

Your mom & dad, Annalee and Cheryl have been so faithful to maintain this blog. You are blessed to have them, but my heart danced when I saw that this entry was from you. You are brave, you are special, you are godly and you are blessed. You & Austan will be forever changed for having Witt in your lives. Celebrate life!

I pray the well baby visit was good today.

Jenna said...

Thank you for sharing this sweet babe with us! It has been a joy to check in on your family and witness the miracles He has worked in ya'll's lives. Take care and know we will keep praying!

kristin fulghum said...

witt is precious and your faith is so encouraging. i am so proud of you and so thankful that you have shared all of it with us. we will continue to pray for you guys. we love you!

cheryl said...

melski...i have tried all day to come up with the words that would adequately express how moved i am by your words. you have blown us all away by your strength and maturity! i've adored you since the day you were born...and, you were born to be a mother! (yes, that's my kind way of saying you were bossy!!!) but i've never more proud of you than i have been in the last few months. i everyone that will listen how amazed i am by you and how i know that i wold never be able to be so strong...i've said it before...you are truly my hero!!!
and, that sweet, sweet witt has stolen hearts and touched lives...as everyone has already expressed, thank you for sharing him and this REMARKABLE journey with us!!!
i love you immensely!
cheryl

Gayle said...

Mel, you are wise beyond your years. Your words were so precious because they were straight from your heart;the heart of a beautiful, loving mother who cares so deeply for the Lord and the very precious gift,your son, Witt, who He has blessed you and Austan with. Thank you for allowing us the priviledge of being with you as you have walked a journey that most have not. We all felt the emotions, highs and lows, that you experienced. We turned to God, praying not only for strength, rest, and healing for you, Austan and Witt, but for our own relationship with the Lord to grow deeper and stronger as we trusted and believed Him for a mighty miracle that only He could do in His perfect timing. God says to be grateful in All circumstances! My oh my how faithful you are. When we are grateful even in the midst of the toughest circumstances we can imagine, Our God is soooo GOOD! He scoops us up and carries us right on through those dark clouds so we can see the beautiful rainbow of hope for tomorrow. You saw the beautiful face of your precious Witt! God has mighty things in store for this precious child. Witt has already touched the hearts and lives of so many and shown us all the face of God through him. What a blessing!
As I drove to school this morning, I thanked God for the beautiful full moon that made the early morning so breathtaking. As I looked though, I couldn't help but feel that it looked even more beautiful than usual, like God was reminding me that each and everything is from Him and it is GOOD. I thank God that we have a precious new member to our family who has brought us all closer together in Him!
Love you,
Gayle

Vickie said...

Melanie, your words and your walk with God is a testimony of your faith and trust in Him alone. We can truly have peace when we know that Witt is in His hands and you and Austan have been given the privelege to care and nurture Witt according to God's instructions. I know that you will be great parents and I am excited and anxiously anticipating watching Witt grow and being a part of his life. Don't forget to take care of yourself also. Motherhood is the best paying job ever and the most rewarding. Enjoy!

Love you all,
Vickie

annalee said...

Mel, i absolutely love watching you mother Witt each day! God has definitely given you a gift for it, you make it look like you've been a mom for years not 3 weeks. i love you Luphers dearly.

milillo fam said...

wow wow wow!!! never in a million years did i think the eleven-year-old nerd i met would turn out to be such an incredibly strong woman of God. throughout this whole process you have been such an indescribeable hero to me. i literally hurt for you during this time and felt myself asking God, "WHY?!". never did i hear you question His plans. mel, you are amazing and i can't wait to take some beautiful pictures of your precious son (and ours together!!!).