Yesterday afternoon my mom and I took Witt in for a pre op visit to go over insurance, anesthesia, take his vitals etc. I've had an unsettled feeling about the procedure for a while and wasn't sure this was the right time to do it. I'm not totally sure why I didn't feel good about it I just knew I didn't. The nurse practitioner said that he did not need a cardiac anesthesiologist which normally he does. She called the cardiologist and on call and he reviewed Witts echo and the said that he didn't think he needed one either. I didn't recognize the name of the cardiologist and didn't feel comfortable with him not really knowing anything about Witt. Austan and I thought it was important to speak with Witts cardiologist about it first. Also they said that he needed blood work before having anesthesia and they could do it up there but it would have to be a vein stick. Witt is very hard to vein stick normally. In the ER they have to call in a special team to come and do it and they use ultrasound machines and lights. Had I known he needed it I could've scheduled to have it done the day before or that day in the lab where they would do a finger stick which is much easier on Witt. Everything was feeling a bit unorganized with the anesthesia and the lab work I just didn't feel comfortable proceeding with it that day. It is nothing he needs immediately. He can have done anytime so we will wait and have it done after we see his cardiologist and pulmonologist sometime in July. Witt normally does fine with anesthesia but we take every procedure very seriously with him, we never know if he will have a bad reaction one time or not. Thank you for continued prayers. Witt is doing great otherwise. He has started with a new OT and will start with a new speech therapist this summer. Austan and I are enjoying living life with him. I continue to feel more blessed and fall more in love with him daily.