Friday, July 3, 2009

NEVERTHELESS!

Raise your hand if you are happy to have a nasal cannula and no CPAP!!!!

As you can see from the picture, Witt rests much better with the nasal cannula! Right now this is just a long (3hour) trial but Josh, the respiratory therapist, said that at rounds this morning it might be decided to leave Witt on the cannula and no more CPAP. The worry about being off the CPAP is that the right lung might get pockets of collapse. The CPAP blows stronger which helps to inflate the lungs. Witt's surgery is still "scheduled" for Monday. Hopefully that is the day! Monday will mark 21 days in the PICU for Witt and recliners for us! Witt has had 7 or 8 roommates...I've lost count! Austan and Melanie continue to handle all this in such a way that honors their God!

The little baby that was on life support was taken off yesterday and passed away late evening. I can't even imagine what the family is going through right now but I know they have chosen to go through it clinging to Christ. I had the privilege of praying with some of the family members who were standing in the gap for the baby and parents just shortly before she died. As much as I thought I could encourage and minister to them, I walked away strengthened by their faith! They asked, begged God to heal the baby, to make her strong but the last several minutes of prayer was filled with them just saying, sometimes gloriously shouting: "Nevertheless, I will praise You! Nevertheless, I will praise You!" That was repeated over and over. That's the way the prayer ended. That's the way they left it with God...nevertheless, I will praise You...nevertheless, Your will be done and You are worthy of our praises!!!! Whatever is going on in my life, in Witt's life, I want God to fill me with that kind of faith that I will cry out to Him: "NEVERTHELESS"....glory!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

How precious, he looks so peacful sleeping. I will continue to pray for Witts surgery on Monday. Stephanie in Missouri.

rise' said...

Breathe deeply, little buddy!! My heart breaks for the other family. What a witness to the greatnes of God. Nevertheless, we praise Him! Amazing....

Jenn said...

i love you precious little guy! We continue to pray for deep breaths. My heart pours out to the other family. Awesome Faith! Love you all!
Jenn & Joesph

trash talk said...

Such faith is amazing and such a witness. I will be praying for the surgery to go well with God totally in control.
Debbie