Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FEEDING NEWS

First, I am so excited to tell you that Witt is off the jaundice lights. (This picture was taken last night, those treatments work fast for him!) The other BIG news is that the doctors are ready to try giving Witt a bottle! They believe he is ready for this and want to see how he does receiving his milk this way. If it goes well this would bring him closer to being able to come home. Pray, pray, pray! -Annalee

I also wanted to share the following statements by Evan. I think they sum up how we all feel about Witt.

My nephew is perfect.

He may have an extremely rare genetic syndrome, but to me and God he’s perfect.

I pray that my life has even a small fraction of the impact that his already has on the lives of others.

God, thank you for Witt.

8 comments:

Debi Dallmeyer said...

Last night I was doing my Bible study for "knowing God by name" and a scripture came up that reminded me of Witt and led me to also thinking about how much Witt has taught us. I know he has taught me that every day is a miracle. Last night I learned more! The lesson was on God's character of steadfast love or "chesed."

How precious is your steadfast love, O' God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings- Psalms 36:7

Witt has truly taken refuge in the shadow of His wings. God's love for Witt is steadfast. Never changing.

This led me to think about how easy it is for us to wholeheartedly believe this for Witt, but we forget sometimes that God's love is just as steadfast for us despite what we do (because another character is his mercy). His love is steadfast for Mel and Austan and all of His children.

My my, how much I have learned through the tiny life of Witt. So I praise God for Witt. He truly is a witt-ness to God's abounding love. Praise Rav-Chesed, He who is abounding in Love.

Sorry so long, but when God speaks, He speaks!

Sheryl said...

Good news indeed!

Evan, all I can say is Amen and Amen!

SJ

Angi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Immeasurably More Mama said...

Evan, these are beautiful words that are so true!

God, we give you praise for all the ways you are working through Witt's life!

amy said...

That's awesome- what an answered prayer! I love seeing God at work in Witt's life! Evan summed it up so well- what precious words. Still praying constantly.

It is we who extol the LORD,
both now and forevermore.
Praise the LORD!
Psalm 115:18

trash talk said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Debbie

Raley Family Blog said...

Praise God! I do pray that Witt will be able to take the bottle and handle the milk just fine. It brings tears to my eyes to picture the sweet moment when Austan and Mel can feed their son for the 1st time! I am continuing to pray for God to continue to work miracles in little Witt's life. I am so thankful for all God has done in and through Witt. Love, Alicia

Kelli said...

Praying that his sweet little mouth is ready to suck that bottle down! I can't wait for Mel to be able to give Witt a bottle. He is such a perfect gift from God.