Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MAKING THE ROUNDS

The doctor came by this morning to make his rounds and update Mel and Austan on some specifics of Witt's health as of today.
*The heart shows to be totally fine! There appears to be no cardio. issue at all, which is an amazing discovery!
*Witt is a little jaundice. They said it is just in the same way that so many babies have jaundice though and should get better.
*They decided to start him on some breastmilk today. This is huge news! Mel has been diligently pumping without even knowing whether Witt would ever be allowed to have milk. We are thrilled that he will be fed some several times today. He is acting quite hungry and the milk could also help with jaundice.
*Later today they hope to test the kidneys to determine if there is reflux or blockage and find out more information on how to treat our little buddy.
Thank you for sharing in all of our concerns and praises. Your faithful prayers are what we need most!
-Annalee

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name. Exodus 15:2-3

19 comments:

Jim McCord said...

I love this little guy!

Jules said...

This is amazing news!!!

Hang in there, Witt - keep fighting!

campers said...

Please know I am constantly praying....I haven't met Witt, but I feel as though I know him so well! He is constantly on my mind :~) Praying for comfort for all!

Bicky said...

this is wonderful news! so glad to hear this great report. still praying!

Ghi said...

Jehovah Rapha is ever to be praised! Prayers continue for all of you, especially our miracle baby, Witt!

Sheryl said...

What a precious little angel! In my quiet time this morning, I was filled with grief, but the Lord gently impressed upon me Psalm 34:8 - "Taste and see that the Lord is good." My prayers are with you all. I am in awe and am inspired by the strength and courage I see. What an impact this little guy has made on his world!

Love,
Sheryl Jaksha

Cadou said...

Blessed news!! I love you, Mel--give your precious Witt a sweet smooch from me!

Anonymous said...

Prayers are being said for your family. You don't even know us, but that isn't important. Someday we hope to all be in the same place and for that I know my prayers are heard and your family will be blessed by God and all his glory.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What amazing news! My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

This news is wonderful. We have linked your blog and are a follower.

We are praying for Witt throughout the day.

"Pray without Ceasing"
1 Thessalonians 5:17

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear this! God's amazing :) My family, friends, and myself are all praying for little Witt and the whole family.

The Prosper Russells said...

What awesome news! We are continuing to pray for sweet little Witt and his mommy and daddy!!

Kecia said...

I read your blog and i was touched by the history of Witt...
Weare praying for him!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family.
We lost our son Jaxon to Trisomy 18. This is great news about Witt's heart.
Love,
Kevin, Melissa, Sophia, Lilly, and Jaxon

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Just a small example of Gods blessings. What amazes me the most is these special parents continue to smile so big in a time like this. They are true examples of Gods love. My prayers are with everyone!

sweetpea said...

God bless you and little Witt! I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Shelley

Mrs. Mays said...

I haven't met you guys, I'm friends with Annalee and heard your story through her blog, just wanted to let you know that your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!!

Jenn said...

This is a prayer answered! God is so powerful! I wrote Witts name really big on my board at school. It is a constant reminder for me to pray! We now have a school full of kiddos talking and praying for Witt. Thank you for keeping us updated. I love you guys. Mel, I love you and wish I could be there to hug both you and Austan!
Love
Jenn

Kim Joost said...

This is wonderful news! Please know that all of you and especially Witt are and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers--Kim & Larry Joost