Wednesday, October 29, 2008

KIDNEY TEST HAPPENING NOW

It's 10:15am and the doctors just took Witt for his kidney test. The urologist has been very eager for this test to happen so he can tell whether Witt's kidneys are fine or if he has reflux or a blockage. He has to have a catheter and undergo tests for the next hour. Please pray for sweet Witt's comfort during this time, the test results, and for Austan too as he is in the room with him during all of this.

Please join us in praying Psalm 29:11
"The Lord gives strength to His people (Melanie and Austan);
the Lord blesses His people with strength."

The other day Mel asked me, "Isn't enough enough?" Oh my goodness, from my human perspective this walk seems like enough. I want to say "uncle," a cry of surrender, for Witt, for Mel, for Austin! Instead I have to say "El Shaddai," The One Who is Enough! I call out to El Shaddai for them...to the One Who is Enough. I call to the One Who can strengthen them, to the One Who can comfort them, to the One Who can heal them. He is Enough. He is all they need. I am asking El Shaddai to reveal Himself to Witt, Melanie and Austan right now and forever!
-Karen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie and Austan... I don't know you but your baby is precious! I am praying God will strengthen you. What an amazing family you must be... this is an unimaginable situation. I know the Lord will comfort you and give you the strength to keep going.

In HIM,
Krystle Gutierrez

Raley Family Blog said...

I am praying for Witt as we speak. I also ask for the Lord to give Mel and Austan all they need during this time. I pray that Mel and Austan will continue to trust that God is ENOUGH! I continue to pray for His love to comfort them every minute! For Him to be the strength they need.
Love ya, Alicia

Jason said...

Hey,
What hospital is Witt at? I would love to come and visit all of you and pray for Witt if you think that's ok. I know it's a very busy and stressful time so I understand if you want as few people there as possible. I guess you can leave a comment here or e-mail me at jason.murff@gmail.com. Thanks so much.

Sheryl said...

When we feel like we have had enough and we can't even find the words to speak, or the strength to face another day . . .

Job 19:25-27 - "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God. . ."

1 John 5:13 - ". . . that you may know that you have eternal life."

James 1:12 - "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

I love you guys!
Sheryl Jaksha

Anonymous said...

I am overcome with so many emotions, I just don't know how to put it into words. Melanie and Austan, you have a beautiful son in Witt, truly a child of God. Your abounding faith will get you through.
You are all in my constant thoughts and prayers.
love, Melba

Immeasurably More Mama said...

El Shaddai "The One Who is Enough" - this reminds me of one of my favorite songs that we sing in church.

"Enough"

All of you is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more aweesome than I know

And all of you is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You're my coming King
You're my everything
Still more awesome than I know

And all of you is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough

More than all I am
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough

And all of you is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in You is more than enough